On the lookout for one thing enjoyable. Yummy to make with the kids right now? We have now the right Sunday family deal with – pancake cereal!
Is your little one begging you to make them pancake cereal for breakfast? Pancake cereal and different mini foods was breakfast cereal are all the craze on social media (TikTok options loads of pancake cereal movies).
Whilst you won’t be up to rolling a batch of mini croissants, mini pancakes are low effort enough to be enjoyable and make for superior social media footage.
Most kids – even older ones – like aiding within the kitchen. They take pleasure in stirring and mixing and are very hands-on.
Whereas making pancake cereal, encourage your little one to utilise their senses by smelling the syrup, touching the flour, and even tasting an ingredient earlier than putting it within the mixing bowl.
Watch the video under to learn the way to help your child make their own pancake cereal.
Makes: 3-4 servings
– 1 cup (125g) Flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– pinch salt
– 2/three cup (160ml) milk
– 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
– 2 tablespoons (30g) sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons (30g) butter, melted
– Maple syrup (optional)
– Milk (elective)
– Butter (optionally available)
1. In a bowl combine milk with vinegar and let sit for 5-10 minutes (as a substitute of milk + vinegar you should utilize buttermilk). Then, add egg, melted butter, and combine until combined.
2. In a separated bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. Combined wet mixture with the dry mixture. Transfer the batter into a piping bag.
4. Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt some butter or use oil, pipe a small portion of batter into the pan.
5. Cook for about one minute or till slightly golden. Flip and cook for 30 seconds extra. Don’t overcook.
6. Place mini pancakes in a bowl, drizzle some maple syrup, and milk if desired.